Monday, June 8, 2009

Helpless.

I think feeling helpless has to be one of the worst emotions one can feel. Right now, that's how I feel. When something bad happens to a person I care a lot about, something I can do nothing about, I feel and am utterly helpless. I've grown very attached to my roommate Danielle, and one reason I don't want to leave this school is because I know we'll start to drift apart. I'm not being pessimistic, I'm simply being realistic. We both acknowledge this, and we both acknowledge that we are sad about it. But we also acknowledge that these past few months have created a quick yet powerful bond we will never forget. I'll always remember my roommate of my freshmen year in college and how much we hit it off. The late night talks, the complaints, the adventures, the midnight munchies. However, right now, I feel helpless. And since she is one of my closest friends, I feel saddened.

Relationships...my, my, my. When they take a turn for the worse, nothing can make it better. Absolutely nothing. Ain't it a crazy thing. Well, I don't know what's going to happen between her and Aaron...I don't know if she should break up with him now and start the healing process or if she should wait it out another year. It reminds me a lot of when Caitie was here. Every other day being another fight, another night of tears....

I wish I could help. But I know that I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment