Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Coachella 2010.



This is the line-up for Coachella this year and I am EXCITED! Although I won't be able to go all three days (boo!) I have decided that I'll be going on April 17th. It highly appeals to me (as it would anyone, clearly.) Looking at April as a whole, it's going to be a busy month. Un: I'm going to visit Vanessa in Maryland and from there we're going to make our way over to New York City for her birthday. (This is all happening during spring break.) And deux: COACHELLA! I've never been to Coachella, but I've been wanting to go since my sophomore year in high school so the fact that I can actually go this year is HUGE. Last year, Santa Barbara and lack of funds got in the way. This year...Zip! Zero! Zilch! Anyway, I wanted to make note of this since it's going to be epic.

Other than that, I finally had my first official day of PT (or physical training) for the ROTC. And I SUCK. I'm so out of shape it's pathetic. Today we ran to the indoor auditorium and proceeded to do stretches. Not too bad. Then...we ran 200 meters (or two laps around the auditorium for you civilians.) Okay, not too bad still...then...it just got worse from there. In total I ran 1800 meters today and I would have ran another 200 if I hadn't made up the excuse that I had an eight o' clock class. PLUS we did excercises between the 200 and 800 meter runs. I couldn't even finish my last run all the way. I skipped an entire lap due to the fear of blacking out. Granted, I only got 4 hours of sleep. But, regardless, I feel horrid. I was the SLOWEST of the bunch. This is why I've made it my goal to run EVERY DAY. I need to get in shape so I can get that scholarship. Which is something else I'd like to discuss. I guess it's not a guaranteed-for-sure thing. You have to be CHOSEN. They look at the group of 100s (or first years) and pick those they think are worthy. Seeing as I'm a wimp when it comes to PT I'm getting kind of worried, not that that is the only thing they look at of course. But I refuse to quit. They have to give me an honorary discharge if anything - but the ultimate goal is to get that scholarship and hopefully become an Officer and go to field training. Leadership is big in the Air Force, as with any military branch, and that's another thing I'm not necessarily accustomed to (like running for more than 5 seconds.) But I'm going to try my best. Also, I'm in my very own flight. Or Charlie Flight. I was in Echo Flight with Daniel but we got separated. Which is lame. But alas...Also, I have to mention that I HATE that the AFROTC doesn't tell you ANYTHING. An analogy would be as such: not knowing how to swim and having your instructor push you in and FORCE you to learn. Maybe that's why they're called the Air Force. Just kidding. They expect you to learn FAST and, for the most part, on your own. I guess that's just the way I have to do it. The ROTC is no joke. I have gained an appreciation and respect for those in the military. It's such a giant commitment. Like I said before, I'm going to try my best.

6 comments:

  1. how can i order the ticket for just one day?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! WELL! I just found out the other day that they are NOT offering 1-day passes! This is the FIRST year they've ever done this! Needless to say I am PISSED. I cannot afford the 3-day pass; it's ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know right! me too!! D: i wanted to see Muse sooo bad D=: BOOIOO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The inhumanity of it all! I feel like writing a letter to them!!! But you's very welcome! ^_^

    ReplyDelete