Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day and the Start of Summer

I just want to say that I'm thankful for all those that sacrificed their lives for this country and that as sobering as this day is that it also sheds light on humanity and gives hope to the fact that there are people willing to be the everyday heroes every nation needs - and that everyday heroes will continue to serve and protect people in times of tragedy. Thank you to the soldiers of today and the soldiers of yesteryear.

I truly believe that whatever your take on the military that respect and appreciation should be given to the ones who sacrificed everything, to the ones who are doing things for the right reasons, to the ones you love and admire. My dad was in the military for 20 years, and he really taught me the importance of remembering those that died, those that served. I thank him for serving, and any of you that have or are. God bless you and be with you and yours.

On another note, Memorial Day Weekend equates to summer in my mind; the smell of Bar-B-Que, the warm sun beating down on my head, and oldies music blasting from the radio. Summer is officially here, and I cannot wait to see what my summer holds. Every summer is different, and every summer I've experienced has been wonderful. My best friend Caitie is back for the entire summer and I'm super excited. She was only here for a month last summer. Last summer was one of healing and making tons of new experiences. Can't wait to make a lot of money and just spend unaltered fun with family and friends - no school attached. I don't know how many more carefree summers I have - but I know that I'm going to make the best of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment