Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: The meaning behind your name.

My name, just in case you don't know (insert sarcasm), is Grace. It's pretty self-explanatory. But just to add some flavor, it's Latin in origin and is the 15th most popular girl name today according to babynames.com. In 1990, the year I was born, Rachel was the 15th most popular girl name and mine wasn't even on the list. In that respect, I'll give my parents kudos for originality.

My parents told me that Grace was the only name I ever had (meaning they didn't even consider if I were to be a boy; thank God I wasn't). So, they were set on it from the get-go. Apparently my grandmother (on my dad's side) wanted my name to be Kimberly. But Kimberly Kim (my middle name and my mom's maiden name) wouldn't really work out, and strangely enough I could see myself being a Kim but never a Kim-berly.

Mmm, other than that I don't really go by any nicknames. Only a select (close) few get to call me Gracey - or I'll let you get away with it if I like you.

I took a completely ridiculous name quiz, and I liked what I got so here it is!

"You Are Intelligent and Contemplative

You are deeply philosophical and thoughtful. You tend to analyze every aspect of your life.
You are intuitive, brilliant, and quite introverted. You value your time alone.
Often times, you are grumpy with other people. You don't appreciate them trying to interfere in your affairs.

You are wild, crazy, and a huge rebel. You're always up to something.
You have a ton of energy, and most people can't handle you. You're very intense.
You definitely are a handful, and you're likely to get in trouble. But your kind of trouble is a lot of fun.

You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection.
You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive.
You have the classic "Type A" personality.

You are very open. You communicate well, and you connect with other people easily.
You are a naturally creative person. Ideas just flow from your mind.
A true chameleon, you are many things at different points in your life. You are very adaptable.

You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone.
You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together.
At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together."

You can take this ridiculous quiz here: http://www.blogthings.com/whatsyournameshiddenmeaningquiz/

1 comment:

  1. ha ha, I like that you went and searched everything up and the quiz...i might have to take it as soon as Im done playing catch up with your entries. Im glad you took the challenge :) I totally skipped over a wks worth while in ca.

    ReplyDelete